We need Prayer Warriors!
Commit to pray for our fairs this summer.
Commit to pray so the lost may know.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

In the Dominican "D" Stands for Salvation


 = Salvation  

Today I’ll tell you  the story about the Dominican man wearing a Detroit Tiger baseball t-shirt with the Old English "D."  When he looked inside the box that asked the question, "If you were to die today are you 100% sure you would go to heaven?"  he said he knew he needed to get saved but 'wasn’t ready.' Just like the man I wrote about yesterday, God provided me with a connection.  

The streets of Santa Domingo where we witnessed.
I looked at him and asked, “do you know where I am from?” 

Of course he said “no.” With that I took my finger and traced the "D" on his chest and said,  Detroit, Michigan."

His mouth opened so wide I think a truck could have driven through it.  I then said through our translator, “Do you think God would have sent me to Santo Domingo, to the very beach where you would be wearing a Detroit Tiger baseball shirt if He didn’t want you to get saved today?"

As his eyes filled with tears he simply shook his head.  Through God's use of an Old English "D" this man was ready for salvation and accepted the Lord.

Iglesia Bautista Cristian Sunday Worship Service
A video of part of our trip and Saturday's revival by the ocean side should be available the first part of next week as well as more pictures and testimonies from our other Mission Team members.

Dios bendiga (God Bless You)
Pastor Tom Miller

No comments: